Old 10-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default too late for Garlic

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:
Gardening_Convert wrote:

I have some Marco Topsize bulbs which I bought to plant but have

been
'under order' from the wife to get the tiling done in the Kitchen
which has kept me busy for the last 3 weekends.

Is it too late to plant these Garlic bulbs as it predomently wet at
the mo.

I live in Berkshire down South (UK )

I'd bung 'em in, and if the variety is suitable for your area and
conditions (I don't know) you should get a crop. I've even read
somewhere that you can plant garlic on the shortest day, but I've no
idea if it's true.

I've planted garlic in the spring and got a decent-ish crop.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/