Old 10-11-2005, 09:56 PM
ajr

Default gooseberry bush

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
"ajr" wrote in message
Good evening,

I want to grow a gooseberry bush next year - two quick questions:

1. Is there a particularly good variety to buy?

2. Where do you buy one?!? I've never seen one in a garden

centre,
or at my local hardware store (which generally sells everything!).

I live by the coast in the south west, so the temperature is
generally a few degrees above the norm - no idea if that makes a
difference in choice of variety!

Put devon soft fruit nursery into Google, and take your pick.
Substitute another county for devon if necessary. They'll advise on
the best varieties for your purposes.

--
Mike.

Easy when you know how! Found two local nurseies and another couple, that
are easy to visit, in Devon.

Many thanks Mike - much appreciated.