Old 11-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Butzmark

Default praying mantis

On 10 Nov 2005 16:36:27 -0800, wrote:

What is the opinion from you vet growers on the praying mantis? I
bought one of those egg pods...but I was probably too late...July in
zone 5-6. I only saw 1 baby and a few others later some distance
away. Are they worth having as friends. Thanks Joe Mc

I was going to buy some last year but could only find cases of the
oriental mantis rather than the native American one. The orientals are
commonly raised in captivity and are much larger. I've seen pics of
them with caught hummingbirds. I don't know if they survive a northern
winter, but I bet they do in the south.