Old 11-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Al

Default Commercial LED Plant Lights

what I didn't find on any of these websites listed here was a number in foot
candles or lumens that would tell me who much light output I could expect.
The numbers given tell me the color of light but not it's intensity. One
site mentions they are good for low light plants like orchids, which is a
reckless statement. Both Cattleya and Phals could be considered 'low light'
plants in comparison to full direct sun, but light levels and durations that
would bloom a cattleya might be too much for some Phals.

One of the websites showed a bank of these lights about 4 or 5 feet above
Tomatoes cuttings, but what it did not show was what those cuttings looked
like after living there for eight weeks.

Did anybody find lumen or foot-candle information?

"dusty" wrote in message
I wonder if someone a lot smarter than I could build a light bar from a mix
of something like these
http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm

Grow well and bloom magnificently
dusty