Old 10-11-2005, 07:01 PM
charles VanDyke

Default Commercial LED Plant Lights

SoalOasis (www.solaroasis.com/)received a patent in 2005 for its SolarOasis
Ruby Gro-Bar technology, the first commercial LED grow lighting technology
available outside the laboratory. Information is in the website or more
details in the Patent (www.freepatentsonline.com/6921182.html). Three
light LED bar is available from SolarOasis for $159.95. The system
features low energy use and targeted light output. System can be adjusted
to control plant growth rate which they say will be of use to commercial
growers.
Would be interesting to try, but still seems to be aimed at the hobby or
small grower now. They also sell specific LED grow or bloom systems.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:28 AM

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:01:40 -0500, charles VanDyke
wrote:

SoalOasis (www.solaroasis.com/)received a patent in 2005 for its SolarOasis
Ruby Gro-Bar technology, the first commercial LED grow lighting technology
available outside the laboratory. Information is in the website or more
details in the Patent (www.freepatentsonline.com/6921182.html). Three
light LED bar is available from SolarOasis for $159.95. The system
features low energy use and targeted light output. System can be adjusted
to control plant growth rate which they say will be of use to commercial
growers.
Would be interesting to try, but still seems to be aimed at the hobby or
small grower now. They also sell specific LED grow or bloom systems.

Hi Charles,

I've been researching these myself but haven't come to any
conclusions. You say the above one is aimed at the hobby or small
grower. What application were you interested in using it for?

Here is a couple more links for you. The first one shows the pictures
of a larger 8 tube array which would be alright if you were interested
in them for a larger area. A veritable cadillac of LED lights but with
a cadillac price!! It also uses the Solar Oasis technology.

http://www.led-grow-master.com/

This next one is another site I found. Can't tell if it is just a
rebranding of Solar Oasis as there isn't enough info. Just single
grobars again for about the same price as everywhere else.

http://www.ledtronics.com/ds/plantled/default.asp

You could, of course, create your own mult tube setup if you are at
all electically inclined which I definitely am not. The other
interesting thing I found out in my research is that these tubes can
be hung vertically. My dream (if only I could win just a small
lottery, LOL) would be to hang one across the top of my low light
window then one on each side with the grow light staggered for maximum
effect. I guess I'd have to rig up something to hang some orchids from
to make best use of all that light. Now if only my budget matched my
dreams. Oh well.

Cee
Old 11-11-2005, 10:40 AM
dusty

I wonder if someone a lot smarter than I could build a light bar from a mix
of something like these
http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm

Grow well and bloom magnificently
dusty

Old 11-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Al

what I didn't find on any of these websites listed here was a number in foot
candles or lumens that would tell me who much light output I could expect.
The numbers given tell me the color of light but not it's intensity. One
site mentions they are good for low light plants like orchids, which is a
reckless statement. Both Cattleya and Phals could be considered 'low light'
plants in comparison to full direct sun, but light levels and durations that
would bloom a cattleya might be too much for some Phals.

One of the websites showed a bank of these lights about 4 or 5 feet above
Tomatoes cuttings, but what it did not show was what those cuttings looked
like after living there for eight weeks.

Did anybody find lumen or foot-candle information?

"dusty" wrote in message
I wonder if someone a lot smarter than I could build a light bar from a mix
of something like these
http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm

Grow well and bloom magnificently
dusty

Anyone used the new LED grow lights? Bobo Bonobo® Edible Gardening 16 29-02-2012 02:37 PM
LED lights janet Orchids 7 08-04-2011 10:45 PM
Coast LED Lenser LL7590 Write Light Gift Boxed White LED pen light flashlight and Pen [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 22-05-2009 07:39 AM
LED lights [email protected] Gardening 7 13-04-2007 10:51 AM
Compact Fluorescent and LED grow lights charles VanDyke Orchids 19 12-11-2005 01:00 AM