Old 11-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Reka

Default Commercial LED Plant Lights

In article ,
says...
what I didn't find on any of these websites listed here was a number in foot
candles or lumens that would tell me who much light output I could expect.
The numbers given tell me the color of light but not it's intensity. One
site mentions they are good for low light plants like orchids, which is a
reckless statement. Both Cattleya and Phals could be considered 'low light'
plants in comparison to full direct sun, but light levels and durations that
would bloom a cattleya might be too much for some Phals.

One of the websites showed a bank of these lights about 4 or 5 feet above
Tomatoes cuttings, but what it did not show was what those cuttings looked
like after living there for eight weeks.

Did anybody find lumen or foot-candle information?

How about this:
http://www.ledgrowlights.com/LED%20vs.%20HID.htm
http://www.ledgrowlights.com/led_grow_lights_v_hid_lights__copy(1).htm

And the beginning of this looks interesting, though I didn't have time
to read more than the first page:
http://www.ledgrowlights.com/univers...nn%20study.PDF

This is quite interesting for several reasons:
http://www.zetatalk.com/energy/tengx013.htm

Not all too much out there!
--
Reka