Old 13-11-2005, 01:09 AM
ken ken is offline
Registered User

Question winterize pond

My pond is three years old. I only have goldfish in the pond. Some are six inches long and some are smaller. I checked the water temperature today and it is at 48 degrees F. The fish are very active in that they swim around the pond as fast as they are able. They seem to be all over the pond continually. In previous years, when the water temperature reached this low, they stayed at the bottom and I never saw them. I live in zone 8-9, so I very seldom get ice on the water.

I use a Skippy filter which keeps the water crystal clear at all time. Because my fish are so active, should I keep the filter running or should I shut it off. In previous years, I would shut it off about now and have never had a problem. I stopped feeding them about a week ago.