Old 30-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Stephen Howard

Default spear and jackson stainless steel spade

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:40:20 +0000, cormaic
wrote:

'Twas Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:09:22 -0000, when "jrbuk"
enriched all our lives with these worthy thoughts:

I can't quite agree that stainless steel offers no advantage. If the soil
is at all sticky then stainless wins hands down over "regular" steel.....as
I found today when I was back to using my trusty 20 yr old Spear and Jackson
traditional steel spade!

So how come all us builders never use SS spades? Because they
are poncey, over-priced and we'd get laughed off site if we turned up
with one. ;~)

I thought all you builders used shovels

www.shwoodwind.co.uk