Old 15-11-2005, 05:49 PM
OrchidKitty

Default any one try S/H with neofinetia or brassavola

I've had a neotfinetia falcata in S/H for several years. It's a healthy
plant but real small. It hasn't bloomed yet. A local expert says it
needs a cooler environment than I've been giving it and a definite
period of cooling in the fall.

By conrast, my Brassavola nodosa has been in S/H for several years, and
it blooms its head off. Currently, it's in the biggest pot that Ray
sells and has filled it up. The next pot will be a bucket, I guess.
Brassavola crosses do well in S/H too--better than in regular media.

I've had good luck with S/H for everything but Phals. If they "catch"
they do fine but tend to have a lot of Medusa-esque aerial roots.