Old 15-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Is it too late to scarify ?

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:10:22 -0000, "adm" wrote:

As the header says, is it now too late to scarify my lawn this year ? We had
the first frost (South Surrey) yesterday and I have been told it needs to be
done by then by some, and that it doesn't matter by others....

Scarifying when done well is a pretty brutal process, and your lawn
will look awful afterwards. But it recovers quickly enough when the
grass is still active. But it's a bit late, as the grass won't be
growing much now the cold weather's here. Best done in September,
which is when I did mine. Took off about three times as much grass
compared to a normal cut!

--
Chris