Old 16-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Chookie

Default feed & weed

In article ,
"MG" wrote:

there are dandelions (seems to be hundreds, way too many anyway to dig out
individually, unless I plan on not going to work for the next month lol)

Dandelions, or those broad-leafed weeds with dandelion flowers?

mallow, which seems to have overtaken a large part of the lawn

also, prickly sow thistles, creeping oxalis, some ribwort/ribgrass,

Dunno about ribwort, but I have all the others. I pull out sow thistles and
dandelions for the guinea pigs. Mallows come out easily too, and go on the
compost heap. For the rest, especially the broad-leafed weeds, I have
glyphosate in a spray bottle. If you kill off a bit of lawn it doesn't
matter, especially now we're in the growing season: more lawn will grow to
cover the empty space.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.