Old 16-11-2005, 08:51 AM
adm

Default Is it too late to scarify ?

"Ian Keeling" wrote in message
adm wrote:
As the header says, is it now too late to scarify my lawn this year ? We
had the first frost (South Surrey) yesterday and I have been told it
needs to be done by then by some, and that it doesn't matter by
others....

Aside from the issue as to whether it's right to scarify before or after
first frost, I think if I scarified now (that the ground is fairly soft
after the rain we've had) there wouldn't be much "lawn" left - I think the
scarifying rake would tear out too much of the grass... I wouldn't have
the nerve and would rather wait till the live grass has a bit more
anchorage before trying to remove the dead stuff.

Thanks. I wouldn't actually have done it until the ground was less
waterlogged anyway, but your point is well taken.