Old 16-11-2005, 10:36 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Larry Blanchard

Default what kind to get.

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:42:56 -0500, David Dufresne wrote:

I put some Echinodorus Tennelus in my own 10g. They are hardy enough for
most fish as long as you got a good substrate, and with compact
fluorescent you should be able to easily put in 3w/gallon, which would
turn them a pretty shade of red. They also propagate pretty fast given a
good environnement.

I did the same, but don't think I will again. They propagate a little too
well. I wind up taking out a handfull every month or so.

Another choice would be dwarf hairgrass. Spreads reasonably fast, doesn't
get as tall as the tennelus, and provides great hiding places for fry.