Old 17-11-2005, 10:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Diane M.

Default Wintering over my mini roses

I live in upstate New York and by now we usually have snow and a couple of
killing frosts. Well, it has been a mild fall so far and my minis are in
full bloom. They seem to be thriving. They almost seem to like these temps
better that the heat of the summer!

I am not sure what to do about hibernation for the winter. They are in pots
and I had planned to bring them in to the garage to store them. Should I
just bring them inside now and store them. Is there something I should do to
force them to hibernate? Or, should I just let them be as long as they look
good?

I have not owned minis before, so any help is appreciated. I certainly want
to have these little beauties for next year. Thanks.

D.