Old 17-11-2005, 10:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

Default Highest Price Paid at a Society Auction?

Kenni Judd wrote:
Last I looked -- and it's been a couple years -- my closest societies were
mostly selling purchased plants, and mostly in the 4" size, so they're not
getting those kind of prices. What size was that Maikai, did it have lots
of flowers on lots of leads? Kenni

Diana, more importantly, can you sell another one at that price? I
have a couple huge Maikai... *grin*

We don't usually do a live auction at our society meetings, but I
usually am auctioneer for a couple events at the judging center. I
don't think we've sold a plant for over 100 dollars before. Usually
plants sell in the 10 to 25 dollar range.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1