Old 17-11-2005, 10:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Highest Price Paid at a Society Auction?

Diana, more importantly, can you sell another one at that price? I have
a couple huge Maikai... *grin*

Sure, Rob! All you need to do is fly it in for our next auction in April and
join the Society, LOL!

We don't usually do a live auction at our society meetings, but I usually
am auctioneer for a couple events at the judging center. I don't think
we've sold a plant for over 100 dollars before. Usually plants sell in
the 10 to 25 dollar range.

At our last auction, in spring, I sold a mounted Rhy. digbyana for $105,
which was more than I thought it would go for. It wasn't particularly neat,
and showed the wear from growing outside under a tree. But two people
battled for it. The seller was thrilled. I think the Maikai set a record for
us.

Diana