Old 18-11-2005, 01:51 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Rosenbaum

Default Craftsman lawnmower opinions?

I disagree. It is the 'little guy' vs the 'big guy'. All the TV stations
that I have seen with this feature just eat it up. Send it to the consumer's
protection board. Sears doesn't want bad publicity.

Maybe if you know a lawyer, ask him to send a "lawyer's letter" to Sears
customer service and a cc to the bbb or the state attorney general stating
the facts and that you would like a replacement mower. Don't deal with the
sales clucks anymore. Go higher. Aim for the dept. mgr then the store mgr
then the district or area etc.

A vibration such as you describe sounds dangerous. As a retired
firefighter/EMT, I would not trust the mower. The machine might not just
fall apart, it could shatter and when it does, you will be behind it and the
spinning blade. How much are your feet worth?

"Jake H." wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:35:34 -0500, "Frank Rosenbaum"
wrote:
Does your state have a "Lemon Law". If you can prove that the mower was
defective and you tried to have it fixed, and it couldn't be, it might
qualify. You might use that tact the next time you go in.
You might also call the local TV station with a 'problem solver' segment.

I am still considering my options, including small claims court or
some sort of arbitration, but I'm not sure the problems with my Sears
mower rise to a level of severity that would interest the Attorney
General or a TV station. At the end of the day, it is a major
nuisance and a very bad deal... but that's about it so far. While I
am certainly ****ed (can you tell?), for all I know the mower could
last 5 or more years running this way before it explodes. Like folks
at work say to me... wrap the damn handle with foam pipe insulation &
tape or use some nice thick gloves!!! :-/ It shouldn't have to be
that way, but I must admit it: They've got a point.

Jake