Old 18-11-2005, 01:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel

Default GLASS POTTING CONTAINERS???

bob wrote:
I was told to inspect the roots of my orchids, which entails removing
them from the medium. This is a distubance to the orchids and a mess
for me. If the plants were in glasss jars of the appropriate size and
had holes drilled in the bottom and sides of the jar so water can not
collect., then inspection of roots should be a lot simpler , for me and
the orchids.Yes? No?( for the glass that is)
Bob

Use clear plastic pots.

Drilling holes in glass jars is tricky and hazardous. And besides, the
damned things are too breakable.

J. Del Col