Old 19-11-2005, 03:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

Default Rock dust

"told2b" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tom J wrote:
"told2b" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi --
We had a speaker at our last garden club meeting who was
promoting
the use of rock dust to accomplish soil remineralization.

Snip
I use dolomite lime from ground up marble tailings every couple of
years. Since I'm near the source, it's the cheapest. Below is a
description.

Snip
Thanks for your reply. Did you encounter any problems from using
the lime? Any contamination from tall oil?
Thank again

I'm in north Georgia, so my soil is mostly red clay and acid, so I
need the lime for most plants anyway. The people that do my soil
sample test tell me I'm fine for the plants I'm using.

Tom J