Old 20-11-2005, 08:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
keith ;-\)

Default New program: Orchidwiz

"Steve" wrote in message
keith ;-) wrote:
"K Barrett" wrote in message

Bill wrote:

Hi all, I recently picked up the news of a new program on another
orchid chat group. Orchidwiz. Forgive me if you've known about it for a
long time-- but if you haven't, check it out: http://www.orchidwiz.com
I bought one & it is fabulous !!! Good Growing, Bill

I bought it too. I'm going to test it at Monday's judging so I can see
how it works under real working conditions. I have no connection with
OrchidWiz. I can only imagine that this must be what driving a Ferrarri
is like. Wow!! But I'm gushing...

Again, I must reiterate that I have nothing whatsoever to do with this
product. But so far I like it. I'll let you know on Tuesday about any
difficulties I have with it on Monday.

K Barrett

Looks a very good bit of software but I think very expensive at $175,at

the
end of the day I bet it doesn't take more effort to make than a

computer
game as most of the info is obtainable.But you can get a pc game for

upto
$50,I would be surprised if above this.And personally I find having to

pay
for updates a rip off when you have paid all that for the software in

the
first place.
Keith

Well yeah, but if you put a thousand man hours into producing a video
game there are hopes of selling millions of copies of it.
You put a thousand hours into entering orchid data and... well, there
just aren't that many of us who will be buying it.

Steve

So does this prove ,that you are buying something that is not worth the cost
and these companys price themselves out of the market. Either way it does
look excellent,i was interested until i saw the price tag.I have lots of
other things more important to spend my cash on.
Thanks Keith