Old 20-11-2005, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jupiter

Default Aquadulce Claudia Broad Beans - Frost??

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:26:56 GMT, Janet Galpin
wrote:

The message
from Jupiter contains these words:

I planted Aquadulce Claudia Broad Beans for overwintering about 6
weeks ago. They're showing 4 to 6 inches top growth now but the
current night frosts are wilting them. They recover during the day and
look fine again. Will they stand up to this cruel treatment or should
I cover them with fleece or something?

They should be fine. Certainly in my area (South Lincs) they've come
through all winters unscathed. They're very hardy.

Janet G

Thanks, I'll let them take their chances then.