Old 02-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Jim W

Default Recommended Secateurs ?

Tim wrote:

Hi folks

Can anyone recommend some decent secateur makes ?
I've found several sites selling "Felco" Secateurs, but wondered if they are
any good ?
I have previously bought cheapo-ones, but they are, quite frankly, rubbish,
so I have decided to invest in some good reliable ones.

Can anyone advise on a sensible price too ?
The prices vary a lot, but www.ukoutdoorstore.co.uk seem to be the cheapest
I've found.

Thanks in advance
Timothy D.

Felco Secatuers are the industry standard in 'snips'. Swiss made,
excellent quality control, and you can get spares. Dsitributed by Burton
McColl in the UK. *Sometimes* getting spares in the UK can be a pain, it
varies.
They are pricier than other brands simply because they are designed to
last a lifetime. Do shop around, as with all things some retailers are
out to rip you off!-)
//
Jim