Old 21-11-2005, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Acid for berries

In article ,
wrote:

On 11/20/05 3:32 AM, in article
, "OmManiPadmeOmelet"
wrote:

Aluminum is not easily eliminated by the body and will build up to toxic
levels... and has been linked to alzheimers.

That is why it is constipating. It forms bricks before getting absorbed. The
connection to Alzheimer disease was always tenuous and has now been refuted.

Don't count on it. ;-)

If you want to relieve diarrhea, eat more cheese.
For a good antacid, just Calcium carbonate. (tums or rolaids).

Limestone does indeed work well but produces some gas.

shrugs never has for me, but YMMV.

I take Xantac generic. That is a stomach acid reducer and is FAR
superior to antacids.

I was told by a hematologist that ranitidine was the reason for a low
platelet count. I won't deny that ranitidine is effective.

Never affected my platelet count and I run it monthly.
There are advantages to being a lab tech, and the hematology section
supervisor. G Mine runs around 290,000/mm3. Well in normal range.
I take Ranitidine any time I have GR, generally 3 or 4 times per week.

Never ever have heard of it affecting plt count or any other
hematological parameters. You could try Cimetidine if you are worried.
It works reasonably well too but takes a slightly higher dose IMHO.

If you are running a low PLT count, there are a number of things that
can do that. Alcohol, ITP, auto-immune disorders, AIDS, and other immune
system problems, as well as chronic GI problems with chronic blood loss.

-- Ferme le Bush

--
Om.