Old 02-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Chris J Dixon

Default Recommended Secateurs ?

Jim W wrote:

Felco Secatuers are the industry standard in 'snips'. Swiss made,
excellent quality control, and you can get spares. Dsitributed by Burton
McColl in the UK. *Sometimes* getting spares in the UK can be a pain, it
varies.
They are pricier than other brands simply because they are designed to
last a lifetime. Do shop around, as with all things some retailers are
out to rip you off!-)
//

I agreeing with all you say, and have had a pair for 20 years or
so.

However, whilst looking on a market stall for a cheap pair for
somebody who would only be using them occasionally, I found an
unbranded copy at GBP2. I know that their quality is probably
suspect, but if they last a couple of years, the overall cost
would be much the same.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK