Old 21-11-2005, 08:38 AM posted to aus.gardens
Rheilly Phoull

Default Idle Problem Honda Mower Buffalo HRU196 GXV160 OHV

"The Rat Hehehe" wrote in message
Idle Problem Honda Mower Buffalo HRU196 GXV160 OHV

Hi folks

I have a Honda mower with a GXV160 OHV 5.5 Hp engine that will not idle.
It
appears to run ok at full revs, but when I bring it back to idle the motor
slows them speed up again over and over at if the engine is running to
slow
and the governor is compensating for the low revs.

The governor spring and lever are connected at the top of the governor
lever
to the carby and the lower spring on the governor lever is still connected
to another lever attached to the throttle cable.

This problem started after I removed the blade disk to replace the blades.

Any ideas or is it a trip to the dealer

mebbe if you had tipped it up to change the blades some 'gunk' has been
dislodged and is blocking the idle jet ?

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull