Old 21-11-2005, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

Default Too late to plant spring bulbs ?

"Scott L. Hadley" wrote in message

"Uncle-C" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm still planting them in Maine, US! Fall was delayed, as now is winter.
For me, it's too late when the ground is too frozen to be broken by a
strong spade. Or when deep snow comes. Whichever happens first. Neither
appear imminent, but I did very diplomatically advise a client not to
order even more bulbs---

aye, but Maine is a vastly different climate than the UK.....the winter is
so 'long' in that snow country that even if you plant on January 1st. there
is enough cold temp. for the bulbs to do their thing....of course by the end
of December you would need a bulldozer to dig up the ground.........