Old 21-11-2005, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul

Default Has anyone looked after a hedghog?

Ann Heanes wrote:
GlacierHi we have taken in a hedgehog for the winter, he/she was wandering
round the garden in the frost (at night) & hubby brought it in to weigh it.
It is quite small (365 gms) so we realised that it wouldn't make it on its
own. We have two cats so food is not a problem. We have got it in a box with
a small box inside for it to hide in. Any advice will be gratefully
received.
Regards Grannie Annie.

I have overwintered them before usually in the double box system like
you suggest and in the shed and they can get noisy if you have them in
house. I would advise you contact your local hedgehog rescue if you have
one or even a vet (they are have to treat native wildlife free of
charge) just to make sure its ok. If its under 600g it has to be keep
warm and awake.

This link may be helpful
http://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/Dis...wintering.html

Paul