Old 21-11-2005, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Has anyone looked after a hedghog?

The message
from "Ann Heanes" contains these words:

GlacierHi we have taken in a hedgehog for the winter, he/she was wandering
round the garden in the frost (at night) & hubby brought it in to weigh it.
It is quite small (365 gms) so we realised that it wouldn't make it on its
own. We have two cats so food is not a problem. We have got it in a box with
a small box inside for it to hide in. Any advice will be gratefully
received.

1) never feed it milk

2) it will be infested with fleas and lice

3) never feed it milk

4) if you have a garage or shed, find a box and make an entrance at the
bottom of one of the sides, then fill it with dry leaves and a hedgehog.
During warmer weather it might wake up and feel peckish.

5) never feed it milk

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/