Old 21-11-2005, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Aquadulce Claudia Broad Beans - Frost??

"Janet Galpin" wrote

Yes, the book all say they can take any winter but for us when we grew
them
for overwintering we lost so many during the winter I started to plant in
Jan/Feb time and they caught up anyway. Funny, 'cause if they can take
anything in S. Lincs they should love it here, but they didn't.
--

I guess there might be other issues such as drainage. I think as well
that they're probably more robust if they're not too tall. I used to sow

I think you're right though that the early spring sown ones tend to
almost catch up. I just like a few things to cluck over at this time of
year

Cauliflower.."Walcheren Winter Armardo April" is one such too.

--
Regards
Bob