Old 22-11-2005, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Niek Hanckmann

Default angrechum distichum

Hello Charles,

I can't rember having read anything about recent changes in the genus
Angreacum. I searched some internet sites and the only thing recent I
came up with was the synonym Angraecum poppendickianum published by
Szlachetko and Olszewski in 2001. But that is not a change in genus name.
Could it have been that people have only mentioned the wrongly spelled
name Angrechum?

Greets, Niek

charles VanDyke schreef:
At a recent orchid meeting I displayed an orchid with many small white
flowers called angrechum distichum. Several in attendance mentioned
that this is the "former" name of this plant and that the genus name has
been changed. But they didn't recall how it is now classified.

Anyone know the reclassified genus?

Thanks

Charles VanDyke