Old 22-11-2005, 09:40 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default Koi behaviour change

"Gorf" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, folks.

I'm posting this on behalf of a close neighbour, who's noticed a
behaviour change in his Koi. I know a little about tropical aquaria,
but nothing about ponds and Koi, so wysiwyg (if you need extra info,
you'll need to ask: I'm going to write all Iknow about the problem).

If it's already cold where you are they may have started their winter
hibernation already. When the water cools to a certain temperature they
lose interest in food and become inactive. Can that be the problem? Other
than that it could be anything from parasites to poor water quality to a
predator terrorizing them where no one is around. My fish sometimes hid with
little moving around for days after a heron attack (ponds are netted now).
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: