Old 03-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Annabel

Default Passiflora "Incense" colour

Can anyone please let me know the correct colour of Passiflora

"Incense"
the images of it that I have seen seem to vary so much. I thought

they
might give me the link of an image of the correct colour, perhaps a
"Google" image search has the right colour.

John Vanderplank describes it as having large, showy mauve and violet
flowers which are very fragrant and produced in May if grown under

glass or
late June or July when grown outdoors. He describes it as a

"delightful
plant which is well worth growing outdoors or in the conservatory".
The sepals are pale violet or mauve inside, green outside; the petals

are
pale violet or mauve inside and outside. The Corona filaments are

banded
white and deep violet towards base then mauve flecked with white,

crinkled
towards apex.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Thank you Sacha, I know basically what it looks like but not definitely,
the images I have seen vary so much in its colour and I would like to
know for sure what its colour is before I order one. The first I saw one
was a T&M catalogue and it was stunning, now I have been sent a "Daily
Mirror" catalogue which has them in, my wife got some plants from their
offer before and the plant quality was excellent. Last time I was at
yours I was told that you don't have any.

Art