Old 03-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Annabel

Default Passiflora "Incense" colour

Can anyone please let me know the correct colour of Passiflora

"Incense"
the images of it that I have seen seem to vary so much. I thought

they
might give me the link of an image of the correct colour, perhaps

"Google" image search has the right colour.

John Vanderplank describes it as having large, showy mauve and

violet
flowers

snip

Thank you Sacha, I know basically what it looks like but not

definitely,
the images I have seen vary so much in its colour and I would like

know for sure what its colour is before I order one. The first I saw

one
was a T&M catalogue and it was stunning, now I have been sent a

"Daily
Mirror" catalogue which has them in, my wife got some plants from

their
offer before and the plant quality was excellent. Last time I was at
yours I was told that you don't have any.

Art

Oh, dear, an UN-satisfied customer. ;-( For what it's worth and as a
personal opinion only, we don't stock it because Ray doesn't "think

much of
it" as he puts it. From the Vanderplank description, it sounds as if

the
colour *does* vary and AFAIK, that can happen quite a bit with

Passiflorae.

--
Sacha

I am certainly never dissatisfied with HillHouse apart from you don't
sell small specimens of large variety bamboo's . I've never left with
less than two plants and the service is excellent. Thank you for the
extra info, I didn't know that they varied in colour, obviously culture
makes a difference so I'll get one and find out how to get it to my
favourite shade. I'm not sure who's who down there but a big bloke told
me that the only reason you don't sell them is that you couldn't get
them.