Old 24-11-2005, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ted Byers

Default lee moore Cattleya mooreana

"jamiemtl" wrote in message
ups.com...
thanks karen i will take a look. I will share the report definately
once it is done. My professor is a very tough marker and I probably
will get a C or a B if I'm lucky. Just can't figure out how to beat
him...anyways, its been an interesting study so far. thanks again.
jamie

Why would you want to "beat" him? Just work hard to understand what he's
trying to teach, and you should do fine, I can tell you, from the
perspective of an educator, we're not out to get you. I had a reputation
for being the hardest marker on campus, but that was part of trying to get
students to achieve a higher academic standard; no room for half measures.
I regard it as critical that students develop the discipline of ensuring
that everything they do is done correctly; but I don't ask students to do
something I haven't taught them how to do, or to do anything unless I am
convinced they can do it well. My students thought me hard, but I acted out
of concern for their professional interest. I would assume that your
instructor is as concerned about your welfare as I was about my students,
and I'd encourage you to keep on trying your best.

Cheers

Ted

--
R.E. (Ted) Byers, Ph.D., Ed.D.