Old 25-11-2005, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

Default pollinator for apple

We had an apple tree in our garden which looked like a Bramley. We were told
that it was a Brambly and we have chopped it down (to near house). There is
was a second apple tree, very heavily cropping, eating apple, next to it.
There are various other apples around the local area, including several
orchards. Should I buy something to pollinate the second tree which I
assuming was pollinated by the Brambly? If so then how do I know what to
buy? Should I wait until the second tree flowers and then buy something
which is also in flower? Thanks in advance,

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)