Old 03-02-2003, 08:01 PM
JimM

Default Recommended Secateurs ?

Don't want to be too pedantic but aren't the £26.95 jobbies the No4
'Standard' Felco's, and not the No2 original model'standard model' They are
presumably of a slightly lower quality although I'm sure they are still
pretty good.
The Frostproof site is misleading with their shipping prices, if you contact
them they will ship for US$10.
Therefore the No4 model from Frostproof would be US$35.90 including shipping
which is roughly £22 and the No2 original model would be US$40.90 or £25
Still haven't found anywhere cheaper and my garden can wait the extra couple
of days.

Regards

Jim

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 20:58:44 -0000, "JimM"
wrote:

This months Garden Answers has a full test of secateurs in all price

ranges,
but Felco seem to be among the best out there. I got my No2s from this
company www.frostproof.com they are based in the states but even with
shipping they were still the cheapest I could find (typical of rip off
Britain).

Hmmm..... USD$55 including (surface, and therefore slow) shipping plus
a possible tax liability at this end. As compared with £26.95 at
www.outdoorstore.co.uk including v.a.t. and 1st class recorded
delivery. I just ordered from the latter!

--
Derek Turner

Outlook Express is worth precisely what you paid for it.