Old 27-11-2005, 06:30 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
tor

Default a very low light house plant?

Will one of those mist bowls raise the entire apartments humidity, or
just locally? I have a meter, (or I can get one here soon) How much can
I expect to raise the apartment by running one of those? What humidity
do those orchids enjoy?

In my reading on Orchids, many seem to enjoy 70 or above. The apartment
is around 65 f most of the year, but right next to the windows tends to
be a bit lower than that.

Tor

PS Thanks for this discussion. I find great pleasure in the few plants
I have that do thrive, you are helping me find them some companions.