Old 28-11-2005, 12:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carolyn LeCrone

Default Hibiscus - what is that stuff at base of leaf?

"Travis" wrote in message
Carolyn LeCrone wrote:
"Travis" wrote in message
las wrote:
My hibiscus has a drop of something at the base of many of its
leaves. It is shiny, semi-clear (like cloudy water), firm, but
can be easily crushed, and quite sticky. Does anyone know what
this is? TIA
LAS

Scale perhaps.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5 It could be the residue from scale or white flies.

Carolyn
It will be easier for people to find your comment if you put it below my
sig instead of in line with the last line of it.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5 sorry - the cursor is at the top and that's where I want to
write. I'll try to do better!

Carolyn