Old 28-11-2005, 03:06 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jacko

Default what's wrong with my tomatoes?

Tom Farrell wrote:
Hope Wrote:
hi all-

Could you please have a look at the image in the link and tell me
what's up with my tomatoes? It's possible that they haven't been
getting enough water (but the blossom end of the fruit is fine). Is
it a disease or a deficiency...thanks in advance!
http://tinyurl.com/avpq9

Hope
NSW

Hi Hope,

Looks like a good case of sun scald. Apply some shade

Tom Farrell

Durn hasnt anyone heard of slip slop slap?

Apply a good sunburn cream to the tomato, and while it may taste funny,
it will be resistant to sunscald and very healthy.
My local nursery and didnt do too well at business, didnt even know what
caused it when I asked, and and went to Keneya after selling his
nursery. Hope he didnt get sunburn.