Old 29-11-2005, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default 'Seven Sisters' rose

On 29/11/05 19:10, in article ,
"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
Can't remember if I've asked this before but can anyone help me identify
this? It's in full bloom very late in the year down here, is a small
flowered double rose, mid pink, rather the size of Cecile Bruner, very
healthy foliage in our SW climate and rambler type I would guess. An old
lady we know badly wants one but knows it only by that name and says she's
known it from her girlhood (she's 88) I suppose I could pluck up my

courage
and knock on the door of the house that has it tumbling over the
wall.....but we'd still like to know what its proper name is!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacha~~ What do you mean by 'It's proper name'?
There is a rose as you described with that name. So-called due to the
number of colours possible in each bloom- I believe. Probably Chinese
origin but very popular in the US.

Thanks, Brian, I didn't know of that at all. The neighbour who wants it
said she thought it was an old and probably not 'proper' name. I haven't
stopped to look at the one on the nearby house but I'll do so tomorrow.
Simply in driving past it, it looks as if it's all one colour pink bloom.
But the Chinese rose idea certainly fits. I'll try to remember to take a
photograph of it.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk