Old 05-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Malcolm

Default More bird problems

In article , Sue & Bob Hobden
writes

"John wrote in message ...
I know this is a gardening group, and I am not off topic, honest!.

I have a wren and a wagtail attacking the moss between flags. If only

they
removed it all I would be very happy, however I suspect they are really
going after the insects not the moss.

Not so sure about that, the local Wren that lives in our Ivy normally
removes a lot of Sphagnum moss from my pots of Pleiones about now (I've seen
it fly off with it) and I've always assumed it was for nest building, anyone
confirm that?

Could well be, though perhaps it is a little early, but in any case it
won't be eating it, so I don't think any harm will come from dosing it
with Sodium chlorate.

--
Malcolm