Old 01-12-2005, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default 'Seven Sisters' rose

On 1/12/05 11:37, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

snip

I had a closer look at this rose today and it is indeed a very small
flowered one. The open flowers had all been ruined by rain and I couldn't
therefore, tell what colour/s they would be. The buds still there seemed to
be quite a bluey pink, I would say.

My apologies, I intended to tack this on, which I found on an American site
showing pics of the rose:
"'Seven Sisters', is is a vigorous once-blooming climbing rose that is
frequently found in old gardens and homesites throughout the southern United
States.

The origin of the name of this unusual rose comes from its tendency to
display multiple colors of flowers in a single cluster of blooms. The
appearance of the many-colored blossoms suggests that multiple types of
roses are growing together.

'Seven Sisters' is an old oriental rose that is thought to have been brought
from Japan to Europe in 1816. The name may be a translation from the
Japanese, but there are usually more than seven blossoms in each cluster"
http://tinyurl.com/8w5go
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk