Old 02-12-2005, 09:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Potted plant pH too high -- how to adjust?

Quit screwing around, repot with fresh soil and provide pore space and
drainage.
Spud Demon wrote:
I have a plant that has been getting lighter green as it gets bigger. I
thought the problem was nitrogen so I added some Miracle-Gro to the water.
It didn't seem to have any effect.

Today I tested the pH of my soil, and it's 9. Recommended value is 5-7.
How can I safely acidify a potted plant?

(Pointers to a FAQ page welcome ... if this is a FAQ.)

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.