Old 03-12-2005, 07:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Default Derek/water celery

What is flamingo water celery? Our normal (? = green) comes back well.

http://www.paghat.com/waterparsley.html Hal

Thanks Hal, it says good to 15F, but doesn't mention frozen solid. Guess I
may be finding out. )

I do know one thing, it doesn't survive (in even winter) 0.3% salt
treatment. The winter I did that, with the plants dormant, didn't bother
any of them... even those that normally would have died had it been the
growing season.

Our leaves are finally all down, and the little bit of snow we got melted
off, so I'm going out to remove the few I didn't get last weekend. I hope
that's the end of leaf season for me (I only do the koi pond area, the guys
get the rest of the yard). After which it is time to break out the Xmas
lights. ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a