Old 03-12-2005, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
P&L

Default Plant Mail Order in Canada?

Since posting this question, I wandered into a SuperPet (Merivale) for the
first time. I just never trusted multi-pet type franchises - ok for goldfish
and guppies but not for the "serious" hobbyist. I was very surprised indeed.
The many tanks were clean, organized and well labeled. The fish looked
healthy and there was a very good selection of plants. They were even
running CO2 on the plant tanks.

Maybe I don't need to get cold, dying plants in the mail after all.

Phil

PS: You tie down your Riccia or let it float? Last time I had some it became
a big messy light-eating mass on the surface.

Actually Ottawa is a good place for plants, between the Big Als in the
east end (Orleans) and the west end (Terry Fox), and the 3 SuperPets
(Kanata, Barrhaven and refurbished Merivale). Between them, for plants,
I'd definitely try the Barrhaven SuperPet. They also cater more to exotic
plant-tank critters. I saw two types of shrimp filter-feeders there last
week, and they almost always have nerita and MTS. I wasn't really looking
at plants that day, but they typically have a varied selection, even
Riccia sometimes.
--
www.NetMax.tk