Old 03-12-2005, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Bill Stock

Default Plant Mail Order in Canada?

"P&L" wrote in message
.. .
Since posting this question, I wandered into a SuperPet (Merivale) for the
first time. I just never trusted multi-pet type franchises - ok for
goldfish and guppies but not for the "serious" hobbyist. I was very
surprised indeed. The many tanks were clean, organized and well labeled.
The fish looked healthy and there was a very good selection of plants.
They were even running CO2 on the plant tanks.

Maybe I don't need to get cold, dying plants in the mail after all.

Phil

PS: You tie down your Riccia or let it float? Last time I had some it
became a big messy light-eating mass on the surface.

I was thinking of getting some large PVC pipe and making a Riccia "Tunnel".

Actually Ottawa is a good place for plants, between the Big Als in the
east end (Orleans) and the west end (Terry Fox), and the 3 SuperPets
(Kanata, Barrhaven and refurbished Merivale). Between them, for plants,
I'd definitely try the Barrhaven SuperPet. They also cater more to
exotic plant-tank critters. I saw two types of shrimp filter-feeders
there last week, and they almost always have nerita and MTS. I wasn't
really looking at plants that day, but they typically have a varied
selection, even Riccia sometimes.
--
www.NetMax.tk