Old 04-12-2005, 09:36 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jacko

Default Idle Problem Honda Mower Buffalo HRU196 GXV160 OHV

The Rat Hehehe wrote:
All fixed now.
For those that wanted to know it was the idle jet partly blocked. The motor
would run well when the choke was applied (Applying the choke at the carbie
not by pushing the throttle full forward)
Thanks to those for the guidance. My local Honda dealer was not that
forth coming with info on what could be wrong. I guess he may have been
thinking of the lining of his pocket.

And for the B&S comment. I still have my first Victor with a 3.5 Hp B&S.
Over 25 years old & still runs with the knocking sound it had the first day
I started it. As far as starting the old B&S first or second pull like the
Honda, forget it. More like a marathon run to get the old B&S started

Kind Regards

Anthony

"M" wrote in message
oups.com...
=

Buy superior Briggs&Stratton next time....

Yea he was a B/S dealer most likely (B/S Briggs and Stratton? No Bull
Shit dealer)
Honda kills the opposition. I reckon he would recommend 2 stroke mowers
too. Great for new Australians who only fill them with standard petrol,
and sees them at the Mower repair shop. Nine out of ten repairs are two
strokes, the others are fool related (water in fuel problems), and dirt
type problems. Australia dont leave your petrol tin outside in the
rain. (Er now you know why mower shops have been closing no rain no
grass no water in fuel) You will get water in it. Now you know. Back to
gardening.