Old 05-12-2005, 07:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Aspasia

Default Herbal Cockroach Repellent?

On 4 Dec 2005 20:34:35 -0800, "pingfan" wrote:

Yeah, there are interesting solution in the market.

Herbal Mosquito Cockroach Repellent, that repels cockroaches within 3
days, But I have difficulty to find it in US. The solution is only
selling in eBay or website, and comes from the manufacturing plant in
South East Asia. The solution is known as "AntiMos 301"

Killing of insects is a vicious cycle of toxic recycling. Ultimately
the Big Predator will accumulate the toxic and they will die due to
toxic accumulation.

And toxic lying around the house, in the air, on the floor, is not a
good environment for meddlesome kids. They put anything n everything
into their mouth.

aple

What is this in answer to? I can't find the original post.

In any case: The best way to get rid of roaches has long been
known - it's just simple boric acid. Can be bought in any drug
store. Shake powder under drawer linings, along baseboards,
at points of entry like where wires come into the house.

This does't work instantaneously like commercial roach sprays (which
do, as OP suggests,allow some roaches to mutate). This may take
several weeks, but gradually you will realize "they're gone!".

Happened to me just ONCE decades ago, but sometimes I still
shudder when opening a kitchen drawer... "the horror!".

Boric acid is sold as commercial roach killer, mixed with
sugar and/or some other binder, but it's not necessary
to buy commercial; simple powder boric acid does
this trick. The little darlings get it on their feet; carry
it back to the nest; it blocks the breathing process.

Good luck!

Aspasia

--

"While all other sciences have advanced,
government is a standstill -- little better