Old 05-12-2005, 04:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
pingfan

Default Herbal Cockroach Repellent?

Yeah, there are interesting solution in the market.

Herbal Mosquito Cockroach Repellent, that repels cockroaches within 3
days, But I have difficulty to find it in US. The solution is only
selling in eBay or website, and comes from the manufacturing plant in
South East Asia. The solution is known as "AntiMos 301"

Killing of insects is a vicious cycle of toxic recycling. Ultimately
the Big Predator will accumulate the toxic and they will die due to
toxic accumulation.

And toxic lying around the house, in the air, on the floor, is not a
good environment for meddlesome kids. They put anything n everything
into their mouth.

aple

Old 05-12-2005, 07:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Aspasia

On 4 Dec 2005 20:34:35 -0800, "pingfan" wrote:

Yeah, there are interesting solution in the market.

Herbal Mosquito Cockroach Repellent, that repels cockroaches within 3
days, But I have difficulty to find it in US. The solution is only
selling in eBay or website, and comes from the manufacturing plant in
South East Asia. The solution is known as "AntiMos 301"

Killing of insects is a vicious cycle of toxic recycling. Ultimately
the Big Predator will accumulate the toxic and they will die due to
toxic accumulation.

And toxic lying around the house, in the air, on the floor, is not a
good environment for meddlesome kids. They put anything n everything
into their mouth.

aple

What is this in answer to? I can't find the original post.

In any case: The best way to get rid of roaches has long been
known - it's just simple boric acid. Can be bought in any drug
store. Shake powder under drawer linings, along baseboards,
at points of entry like where wires come into the house.

This does't work instantaneously like commercial roach sprays (which
do, as OP suggests,allow some roaches to mutate). This may take
several weeks, but gradually you will realize "they're gone!".

Happened to me just ONCE decades ago, but sometimes I still
shudder when opening a kitchen drawer... "the horror!".

Boric acid is sold as commercial roach killer, mixed with
sugar and/or some other binder, but it's not necessary
to buy commercial; simple powder boric acid does
this trick. The little darlings get it on their feet; carry
it back to the nest; it blocks the breathing process.

Good luck!

Aspasia

--

"While all other sciences have advanced,
government is a standstill -- little better
Old 06-12-2005, 09:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

Boric Acid is the best!!! I had a friend whose apartment was totally
infested The were freakin everywhere. You'd see dozens of them
everywhere you'd look. That look up at you and give you attitude and
continue what they were doing. She sprayed all kinds of insecticide.
The place reeked of it, but it just seem to bring more.They were
starting to like the Raid.

I felt so sorry for her that I bought a couple of pounds of boric acid
and layed out lines of it along the baseboards. I dusted under the
refridgerator. I sprayed it where the pipes me the walls. In cabinets
and along shelves.

A few days later she told what a greatg job it was doing. She had
swept up several dust pans full of the roaches. You could still see
them. They walked around like they were drunk, staggering and falling
over. If we were real quite you could hear them falling from the walls
and the little tap as they hit tile floor, it sounded like gentle rain.
A week or so later she never saw a live one again.

I wonder how toxix it is. I know a dilute solution of boric acid is
used to clean one's eyes. I heard one would have to eat a large amount
before it would make you sick. Any ideas?

Old 06-12-2005, 02:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lar

In article . com,
says...
[...]

Roughly around 1/5 of a tablespoon has a 50% chance of killing a 2.2
lb. animal, so a tablespoon would have a 50% chance of killing an animal
around 11 lbs. 3-6 grams ingested is supposedly can kill a small
child 15-20 grams for an adult. It can be a good tool for roaches,
better when used in moderation and safer when made sure it is where the
dust is in out of the way places and won't be disturbed.

--
Lar

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,
he surely would of swatted those two flies.

to email....get rid of the BUGS

[IMG] code is On

ellephants herbal medicine herbal medicine of native americansdiabetes herbal medicine strauss [email protected] Plant Biology 0 27-03-2008 12:21 PM
dsf herbal herbal supplements for hormonal imbalance herbal treatmentscabies [email protected] Australia 0 27-03-2008 12:03 PM
Zombie Cockroach AnonGoo Gardening 3 03-12-2007 01:08 PM
See the Tibetan Herbal Doctor Teach and Practice Mr. Chaos 007 Texas 1 29-10-2003 02:12 PM
Herbal CD for trade Happy Shopper Gardening 0 30-09-2003 09:03 PM