Old 05-12-2005, 08:42 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dogma Discharge

Default getting some green spot algae?

Add a little more po4 than usual and cut back your photoperiod by an hour.
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

"Dave@AquaFlora" wrote in message
Hey I'm getting some green spot algae over a few plants. I need to know

how
much to fertilize. I have removed some lighting because I couldn't keep up

stable environment (I had 4wpg). I now have a more manageable 2.67wpg @
10hrs per day, 15 gallon wide tank, 25-28ppm CO2, doing 50% water changes
weekly, adding 3-4ml traces and rice grain of phosphate and 1/8 tsp
potassium nitrate biweekly. Should I be fertilizing more or less?

The plants seem to be growing fast, well and lush, but there is always

this
damn green spot algae on a about 20% of them.

thanks

Dave